Bio7 and Existing R and ImageJ (Fiji) installations

Bio7 and Existing R and ImageJ (Fiji) installations

alobolistas
I know it is possible, but is it advised to change the paths so that I use my existing R and Fiji installations?
(both foe windows and linux)
Thanks

Re: Bio7 and Existing R and ImageJ (Fiji) installations

Bio7
Administrator
Windows

Bio7 comes bundles with a new version of R 3.5.0. If you want to use your old or local installation
just adjust you R and R plugins path in the preferences (see that Rserve is installed if using a different R).

Linux:

On Linux the default System PATH for R is used (normally in Bio7 you don't have to set a path on Linux). However you can set a path, e.g., if you have different R versions installed. Please make sure to install the Bio7 Rserve version (cooperative mode) from the console menu.

FIJI:

Bio7 comes bundles with ImageJ not FIJI. You don't have to install ImageJ! Bio7 comes bundled with ImageJ since 2007 with it's tabbed interface (as an Eclipse plugin!).

You can reuse ImageJ plugins by adjusting the ImageJ plugins path in the Bio7 preferences.
FIJI plugins only work if they are ImageJ1 compatible.