Can't open *.lsm files

Liz

Can't open *.lsm files

Liz
I want to use Bio7 to analyze pixel intensity from multiple ROIs during a time series. Basic versions of Fiji and ImageJ are capable of opening *.lsm files (laser scanning microscope - Zeiss) without additional plugins, but Bio7 gives the "I can't read this filetype" error.

Re: Can't open *.lsm files

Marcel
You can install the LSM Reader plugin. That should work:

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/plugins/lsm-reader.html

See how to install it in the Bio7 location:
http://bio7.org/manual/Main.html#toc-Section-10.4

Re: Can't open *.lsm files

Marcel
This post was updated on .
This version on the ImageJ Wiki is newer:

http://imagejdocu.tudor.lu/doku.php?id=plugin:inputoutput:lsm_reader:start

I tested the plugin in Bio7 and it works with a LSM example file I found. All ROI Manager selections can be transferred for all LSM layers in one shot with the "Pixel RM Stack" action in the ImageMethods dialog, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGB8uUjbWk

I hope this info helps.