Plot Profile dialog to save results

RR Bammann
Hi,

I`ve just found out about Bio7, and I already think this software is great. I still have to learn much about it, and what I can do with it. However, I tried to use "Plot Profile" from ImageJ, but I can`t see the dialog to save or list the results, so I can use the data in R. Am I missing something?

Also, a quick question. Why ImageJ and not FIJI?

Thanks!

Re: Plot Profile dialog to save results

Bio7
The Plot Profile button is not visible in the tabs (no image window). However I could enable the buttons in an extra frame.

I will have a look at it.

I will make a new release in a week with an updated version of ImageJ.

However, note that it is possible to plot a profile with R (ImageJ is used as the default plot device).

Make a line selection in ImageJ, convert the line to an area (Edit->Selection),transfer the pixels (R Pixels) with the ImageMethods dialog, plot the second column of the matrix with "plot(matrix[,2])"

Of course you can write a nice R script to beautify the graph.

FIJI is based on ImageJ and bundles many plugins which I can simply not bundle by default (EPL vs GPL).

However, ImageJ plugins can be installed in the bundled ImageJ plugin section of Bio7 (see FAQ).

Re: Plot Profile dialog to save results

Bio7
Administrator
Added for the next release (Histogram and Plot Profile buttons in an extra JFrame visible on top).

Re: Plot Profile dialog to save results

RR Bammann

Thanks for your reply and the help.

Looking forward to using this software more, and helping wherever possible in its development!

All the best

Re: Plot Profile dialog to save results

Bio7
In the new Bio7 2.1 release the plot profile buttons are available. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGmW6m8PIg