R-server error

alobolistas
When I click the Start R-Serve button to try to reproduce the steps
described in
http://bio7.org/flash/rshellnew2.htm
I get:
R-Server connection could not be established
probably the firewall is active->Please try again !

Instead, Console/Native R works,

Agus

Re: R-server error

Bio7
This sounds like Rserve is not installed on your Linux OS.

You have to install Rserve to use R with the Bio7 shell:

>install.packages("Rserve")

After the installation of R the path to the R (if not using the default path) application has to be
adjusted inside of Bio7 (“Preferences->Preferences Bio7″). In addition the path to the (add-on) packages install location has to be adjusted, too (“Preferences->Preferences Bio7->RServe Preferences”)."

I hope this information helps

Re: R-server error

alobolistas
Thanks, works fine now.
I think this requirement should be mentioned in
http://bio7.org/flash/rshellnew2.htm
and perhaps in the FAQ

Is there any other help for using R from within Bio7? I have some other doubts but would not like
to ask before reading the appropriate documentation.

Agus

Re: R-server error

alobolistas
Found Bio7 1.7.1 User Guide (EarlyDraft) so please disregard my request in my previous message.
Thanks
Agus